Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Re-discovering photography

During the past few months I have re-discovered photography. That seems odd for a photography professor but it is true. My job took me away from the picture making process for the better part of the last 3 years. As a direct consequence of my winter past time, snowflake photography, I have been motivated to again make new pictures. This has been exciting. I have also taken to promoting my work in the spirit of, "I take pictures of very tine things".

Below is a new photograph I made this week exploring how various pharmaceuticals look under magnification using polarized light. It is a slow process to coax crystals out from the various compounds and much like snowflakes, the outcome is very random. I hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment