Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Andreas Ritter von Ettingshausen

It has been a while since I made a post to my Blog, but life has gotten in the way. I am teaching this week at the Karolinska Institute. There are world renown scientists everywhere and I am teaching a course investigating Photomicrography. I always learn more than I teach. While teaching I was reminded how important images are to scientists and considered some historically important scientist/photographers. One of the earliest was Wm Fox Talbot but also Andreas Ritter von Ettingshausen and Austrian made some of the earliest known daguerreotypes using a solar microscope.

Here is a image made in 1840 of a clematis vine.

During some research I also came across this interesting Blog from Geneva Anderson discussing von Ettinger. Maybe you will also like it

http://genevaanderson.wordpress.com/tag/andreas-ritter-von-ettinghausen

No comments:

Post a Comment